Tuesday 3 January 2012

hooked

no doodling or skoodling today because I FINALLY got my head round crochet!! ;o)
which made me very smiley because on the very many previous attempts to do this, my brain and fingers have declared war on myself and each other and I've got absolutely nowhere
I even managed eventually to understand some instructions for granny squares this afternoon... as a small child I had a multi coloured granny square blanket crocheted by our next door neighbour... granny squares remind me of her and of her concertina pantry door, and eating peas from their pods, and waffles in the morning on the way home from taking my sister to school :)
looking forward to getting some new yarn tomorrow that isn't so very chunky and so very bright red
☺☻☺☻☺☻☺
these are a couple of sites that I found helpful
Learn2knit.co.uk
How to crochet
but I have to say I probably looked at at least 173 more to work out the granny squares ;-)

5 comments:

  1. Brilliant! I know what you mean about your neighbours granny square blanket - they always remind me of my auntie for the same reason, she used to sit in the evenings crocheting them :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh well done! My mum tried to teach me to crochet when I was little but I never could get the hang of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo!! Fab crotcheting and go you for getting there with it.
    Gemxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! I know when I mastered granny squares, I was off and running - so what are you going to make first? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow go girl !!! I'm so thrilled for you and hope you find it as addictive as I do :-) would love to see your crochet on a crafty blog xx hugs

    ReplyDelete